We read with pleasure the announcement Monday of the opening of the digital library of the University Cheikh Anta Diop (Université Cheikh Anta Diop or UCAD) and of the website of the Inter-States School of veterinary sciences and medicine (Ecole Inter Etats des Sciences et Médecine Vétérinaires de Dakar or EISMV), both in Dakar, the capital city of Senegal (West Africa).
The open access UCAD digital library contains several important collections of documents:
- Nearly 6,000 theses and memoires deposited in the library since the creation of the University (February 24th, 1957), of which:
- 600 theses of Sciences and Technology;
- 4,024 theses of Medicine, Pharmacy and Odonto-Stomatology;
- 816 theses of Letters and Social sciences,
- 155 theses of Law and Economics;
- 692 memoires of UCAD;
- a collection of 939 papers, published by teachers and researchers of the University;
- a set of 53 periodical publications of the University, including the collection of “Annales de la Faculté des Lettres” and the “Annales Africaines” (of the Faculty of Law, Economic Sciences, and Management);
- rare and invaluable works (116 documents).
The digital library of the UCAD will accommodate with great pleasure any document likely to enrich this foundation of documents. The Central Library of the University Cheikh Anta Diop would like to thank in advance the colleagues who will want to make their contribution.
The full text collection of the “Theses” and “Memoires” of the EISMV is also freely accessible online.